Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Repetition equals Complete Boredom and No Sales


Just heard a song by City and Colour called Comin’ Home. Mellow, and if you like this sort of song I suppose it’s okay, and I agree it has it’s place.

The reason I’m drivien to write about this particular song is repetition. I gotta be honest, when I hear a song where the same words are repeated over and over and over and over, I will tuern that song off and vow to never listen to it again.

This song is the epitome of an extremely repetitious song. He repeated the line I’m comin’ home at least 10 times before I shook off the coma it put me in and turned that sucker off.

I don’t care what sort of artisitic license you think you are allowed, or what kind of message you are sending by the repeating of the same line, it shows a complete lack of talent. What, you ran out of words? Are you just fulfilling some contractural agreement to put out a song and chose to be repetitive to the point of complete boredom?

Please, please, do better then this next time.


No comments: